have loved photography since I had my first camera as a teenager and achieved an A for my City & Guilds Photography course. I have done many wedding, portrait and flash photography courses to perfect my skills over the years. I was an assistant to a London wedding photographer before setting up my own business years ago.
- I am very enthusiastic about photography and love to produce beautiful photographs at an affordable price.
- I have two children of my own so appreciate that patience and a good sense of humor make a family feel more relaxed when having their picture taken, this also helps a lot at weddings. ( Believe me it really does help!)
- I am love weddings so with wedding photography I treat every wedding with the same care and attention. You and your partner are unique and so is your wedding. A great photographer will make you feel like you have booked a close friend to do your wedding photography – I aim to make you feel that way. I truly value every wedding. I am well trained and experienced to deal with every aspect of the wedding through out the day. Please have a look at the testimonials.
- Your photographs provide one of the only lasting reminders of the best day of your life ( apart from your partner of course!) So choose your photographer wisely.
- Quick turn around – you will receive your wedding photographs within 3 to 5 weeks.
- Professional service. I am contactable at any stage and always aim to reply withing 24 hours. I use the very best developers for prints, albums and frames.
- Contact details: St Albans 07771554791
Questions and Answers:
What’s your style and approach to photographing a wedding?
My style is natural, beautiful, creative and authentic. I want to capture the natural and intimate moments. Even when photographing the couples portraits I will give a little direction, but in the main I want you to be you and to feel relaxed and have fun.
Why is wedding photography so special to you?
It’s a couple’s best day and the start of their new life together as husband and wife. It’s a day that is very happy with all their friends and family and I view it as a pleasure to be a part of it all. The nervous anticipation during the morning preparations, the smiles and laughs with your best friends as you get ready. I love to capture beautiful and natural images that you will treasure. Photos that will bring back amazing memories. Photos that capture your uniqueness on your wedding day.
We aren’t really comfortable in front of the camera and don’t want to feel like we are being posed!
This is completely fine and more common than you probably think,I do not like having my photo taken either! I don’t like fake reactions in photos and overly posed formal shots either. I have learned how to observe people and to capture the reactions that are really going to make you smile when you see the photos after! There will be times when you won’t even notice that I am taking your photo. When we go for photos with the two of you I might do a small bit of directing but we are chatting about your day while we do it so the atmosphere is really relaxed and often fun too.
Do you take family photos on the day?
Yes, of course. This is the one time you have all your loved ones together so I understand you might want some family photos.
How many photos do we get?
There is no set number of images but you will get all the fabulous ones from the day. You can, on average, expect roughly 430 to 500 from a full day’s wedding coverage and about 50 or so from an engagement shoot. All of these come with a full personal print licence in high resolution, ready for printing or sharing online.
Do we have to have an album?
No – However I strongly recommend that you consider having one as a USB does not last a lifetime – my albums do. The quality of your images shown in the album are a very high standard where as it you have images printed by a high street shop they will not look nearly as good. An album is your heirloom of your special day, your wedding, one to be cherished , a USB can be easily lost or the images on your PC can be too but your album is something you will have always.
How soon after the wedding do we get our images?
Your photos will be ready approximately 3to 5 weeks after your wedding day ,in peak wedding season it can be up to 8 weeks.Your online gallery will be set up first and the link and password sent to you so you can start sharing the photos with your friends and family. The gallery is password-protected and has a secure shopping facility so you can purchase prints there. I will then post your USB to you about a week later. If you have an album or prints as part of your package I email you the amount of photographs from each category ie: Getting Ready, Cermony, Just the two of us , that I need to design your album.
Do you offer engagement/pre wedding shoots?
Yes, I do. A pre-wedding or engagement shoot is a great way to get used to being in front of the camera, if you’re a little camera shy. It’s a chance to get some lovely, relaxed photos of the two of you, and if you have children you can include them in the shoot and make it a real family experience. This is extra but well worth it.
Are you insured?
Yes, as a professional photographer I have public liability and professional indemnity insurance, as well as insurance for all my gear.
Which areas do you cover? Do you travel?
I am in St Albans so cover Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, London Cambridge but happy to shoot anywhere which would include the price of the package you want plus any travel expenses such as trains, flights and accommodation.
We would like to book you. What do we need to do?
I always recommend a pre wedding first with me to see my albums and meet me which I do weekdays and evenings. Then to book me it is a booking fee?deposit of £300 and the balance payable three weeks before the wedding.
Call me for a chat on 07771554791 or email me on email@example.com